Building & Systems Manager
School of Music
Jim has made remarkable improvements to the School of Music in the areas of general building security, organization and accurate inventory of equipment, prompt attention to building maintenance issues, and selfless commitment to assisting faculty and staff with everyday work needs. Jim organized faculty space and work spaces for the School of Music by renovating rooms, restoring furniture and equipment and streamlining the mailroom function. He coordinated the assembly of new desks and assured faculty when deliveries were not prompt. He serves as a positive role-model for faculty, staff and students.
Criteria for Consideration for the Matador Award
- A new employee with one (1) to three (3) years of continuous service with Texas Tech;
- Significant improvements have been performed throughout the year in his or her area, or within the Texas Tech community;
- Ideas and contributions were innovative, significant and progressed through cooperation and initiative;
- Has demonstrated a self-starter and take-charge attitude; and
- Has volunteered to assist when and where needed.