Dr. Juliusz Warzywoda
Sr. Research Associate
Edward E. Whitacre, Jr. College of Engineering
Dr. Warzywoda is changing the WCOE culture at Texas Tech to be more in line with a Tier One research university. He was tasked to set-up, for the first time in the college of engineering, a joint user facility for materials characterization and synthesis that would serve the needs of all materials researchers in the College of Engineering and the College of Arts and Sciences. His greatest contribution is teaching students how to use a sophisticated piece of equipment, to do high quality research, and critically look at the instrument and what they want it to do. The facilities he manages are examples of fully integrated, safety first, state-of-the-art research laboratories.
Criteria for Consideration for the Matador Award
- A new employee with one (1) to three (3) years of continuous service with Texas Tech;
- Significant improvements have been performed throughout the year in his or her area, or within the Texas Tech community;
- Ideas and contributions were innovative, significant and progressed through cooperation and initiative;
- Has demonstrated a self-starter and take-charge attitude; and
- Has volunteered to assist when and where needed.