Student Government Director
Student Government Association
During his tenure at Texas Tech, Michael has served as a role model to hundreds of students. Michael was a key contributor to the creation of Raider Gate and creator of S-Bus which runs Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for Texas Tech students to have a safe late night means of transportation. Michael fosters leadership through the development of outstanding student government executive teams, student government retreats, weekly meetings with each student government executive, and group meetings. Michael serves on numerous committees and councils throughout the campus.
Criteria for Consideration for the President's Award of Excellence
- Individual has one or more years of continuous service with Texas Tech.
- Individual has a current performance evaluation on file with Human Resources and received an overall rating of "meets expectations" or above.
- Individual has not received a disciplinary action within the previous twelve months.
- Individual has completed all required trainings as outlined in OP 70.41.
- Individual has not received a Distinguished Staff Award in the past five years. (The Quality Service Awards will be used as a basis for eligibility until a five year history has been established for the Distinguished Staff Awards.)