One of Peter's strengths is taking the time to understand what needs to be done before jumping in. Peter will sit with the highest level of IT support on campus as well as the least experienced user and listen to their problems and concerns. When Rec Sports moved to an entirely new software system, Peter spent many extra hours taking phone calls and meetings to ensure that everything was in place so the conversion was seamless. He takes into account all the nuances of the project while focusing on the staff and personnel he needs to include in the process.
Criteria for Consideration for the Chancellor's Colonel Rowan Award for Execution
- Accomplishes an objective quickly and efficiently with minimal oversight;
- Accepts clearly communicated assignments with minimal instructions;
- Asks the right questions first so he or she can seek precise answers;
- Prepares plans with goals, milestones and deadlines;
- Asks for resources or help when needed;
- Reports back and shows work; and
- Under-promises and over-delivers.