Unit Coordinator Civil and Environmental Engineering
College of Engineering
With any project, Debbie's main goal is to complete the project correctly the first time. Her responsibilities include department operational functions, oversight of the CEE Advisory Council and CEE Academy, and senior exit interview information. Debbie surveyed classrooms and teaching laboratories and prepared detailed recommendations concerning repairs and equipment replacement that would maintain or improve classroom and laboratory conditions. Debbie also prepared budget considerations, including faculty and staff salaries and evaluation data and continues to provide support for expenditures throughout the year.
Criteria for Consideration for the Chancellor's Colonel Rowan Award for Execution
- Accomplishes an objective quickly and efficiently with minimal oversight;
- Accepts clearly communicated assignments with minimal instructions;
- Asks the right questions first so he or she can seek precise answers;
- Prepares plans with goals, milestones and deadlines;
- Asks for resources or help when needed;
- Reports back and shows work; and
- Under-promises and over-delivers.