Student Disability Services
One of the greatest examples of this team's commitment to supporting student success has been their exemplary student retention rate. Student Disability Services boasts a 98% retention rate, and an increased overall student GPA by a full point. Both faculty and students receive support services from this team, and by collaborating with the Teaching, Learning, and Professional Development Center (TLPDC) they created innovative training opportunities to discuss how the university can better meet the students' needs.
- Shelley Ducatt, Associate Director, Student Disabilty Services
- Terri Green, Administrative Assistant, Student Disabilty Services
- Ruben Mallory, Sign Language Interpreter, Student Disabilty Services
- Tamara Mancini, Assistant Director, Student Disabilty Services
- Larry Phillippe, Managing Director, Student Disabilty Services
- Carolyn Stephens, Lead Sign Language Interpreter, Student Disabilty Services
- Virginia Trevino, Senior Business Assistant, Student Disabilty Services
- James Whitfield, Assistant Director/Coordinator of Interpreting Services, Student Disabilty Services
Criteria for Consideration for the Guns Up Award
- This group demonstrates exceptional ability to foster collaboration, communication, and cooperation among colleagues (internal and/or external) to their department;
- The team's action significantly improved customer service, increased customer satisfaction for specific Texas Tech customers, and/or improved a work process or system; and
- The team significantly increased the productivity and efficiency of an operation or department.