University Student Housing
Erika, RicEsha and Drew are generalists who deal with student behavior, budgets, parents, facilities, and 265 employees. During the last year, this team stood as a testament for resiliency and persistence when they suddenly lost a key senior member of the team. These young professionals quickly divided the remaining duties and stayed focus on the tasks at hand...all while being moved to a temporary location as their offices were renovated. The list of additional tasks continued to grow, but this team continued to accept whatever was thrown in their direction and did an amazing job, ending the year on a high note by serving the highest number of students living in residence halls in over 20 years.
- Erika Bowles, Unit Assistant Director, University Student Housing
- RicEsha Clark, Unit Assistant Director, University Student Housing
- Drew Jahr, Unit Assistant Director, University Student Housing
Criteria for Consideration for the Guns Up Award
- This group demonstrates exceptional ability to foster collaboration, communication, and cooperation among colleagues (internal and/or external) to their department;
- The team's action significantly improved customer service, increased customer satisfaction for specific Texas Tech customers, and/or improved a work process or system; and
- The team significantly increased the productivity and efficiency of an operation or department.