New Employee Insurance Information
The Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (GPB) is the insurance program administered by the Employees Retirement Systems of Texas (ERS). ERS administers benefits for employees and retirees of state agencies, higher education institutions, and other groups.
It's Important to Know ...
By signing up for benefits when they first become available, you won't have to provide proof of good health.
If you miss your first opportunity to enroll in benefits, your next opportunity will be during the Annual Enrollment period. Your options may be limited and proof of good health may be required.
You can only sign up during the year if you have a qualifying life event, such as getting married or having a baby. Even then, proof of good health may be required.
UnitedHealthcare is the third-party administrator for HealthSelect™ of Texas. HealthSelect is available in all Texas counties, and you may enroll based on the county where you live or the county where you work. Levels of coverage are:
- In-area (network and non-network), and
- Out-of-area (if you live or work outside of Texas or if you are retired, age 65 or over and have Medicare benefits).
- United Healthcare HeathSelect Summary of Benefits and Coverage:
- ERS Website
- Health Select Website
- GBP Supplement Information Form
Your First 31 Days
During your first 31 days of employment or promotion into a benefits-eligible position you have the opportunity to enroll in:
- Dental coverage. ERS has two dental plans. Each has different costs, benefits, service areas and participating dentists. The dental plans are administered by HumanaDental. For an Explanation of Benefits or to Enroll, Add or Drop Coverage click here
Optional insurance coverage.
Optional insurance coverage can protect you and your loved ones in the event of an accident, disability, or death.
- Term Life & Dependent Term Life
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- TexFlex Need a better way to budget? TexFlex is a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) that lets you pay for planned out-of-pocket health and dependent daycare expenses tax-free. You decide how much to contribute out of your paycheck into either a healthcare or dependent daycare account. Use the money to pay for big or routine expenses throughout the year.
Your First 60 Days
During your first 60 days of employment or promotion into a benefits eligible position you have the opportunity to enroll in family in health insurance. Full-time employees are automatically enrolled in health coverage that starts the first day of the month after your 60th day of employment.
Learn More About Your Benefits and Enroll
Attend New Employee Orientation. If you have a current eRaider ID, log into the registration system provided by following this link to enroll: SumTotal. If you do not have a current eRaider ID, call the Human Resources Talent Development office at 806-742-0530 to enroll.
Enroll with ERS online at www.ers.state.tx.us. If you need assistance with this website, please call Human Resources at 806-742-3851.
Employee Services Center Contact Information