Managers, supervisors, and HR Partners are tasked with directing new employees through the new hire process and ensuring compliance with federal mandates and HR Policy. Follow this step-by-step for processing and onboarding new employees.
New Employee Processing
I9/New Employee Packet
Distribute, collect, and verify I9/New Employee Packet forms. Ensure that the Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9) is completed and signed by new employees within the first three days of employment in accordance with Federal guidelines.
E-Verify (If applicable)
If the position is funded with a federal contract (i.e., GSA, DOD, NASA, etc.), Human Resources Compensation and Operations will contact you with instructions on how to e-verify the employee.
Student employees who perform teaching or research as thier primary function require certification. After these documents are complete they are to be attached to the ePAF.
- Graduate Part-Time Instructor (GPTI) / Teaching Assistant (TA) Certification
- Research Assistant Certification
Electronic Personnel Action Form (ePAF)
Use the EPAFElectronic Personnel Action Form to place the new employee on payroll. Be sure to use the search feature on the ePAF to verify if the new employee has been associated with Texas Tech as a former employee, student or vendor.
- Required ePAF Documents for Staff: a copy of employment application & background check.
- Required ePAF Documents for Faculty (professor, assistant and associate professors): copy of the vita, background check, and transcripts.
- Get training, helpful hints, and learn more about preparing ePAFs.
New Employee Onboarding
New Employee Orientation
Schedule New Employee Orientation for all benefits eligible employee at SumTotal Training.
New Employee Checklist
The New Employee Checklist is an informative step-by-step for new employees starting their new career at Texas Tech. Be sure to go over this page with your new hire to answer any quuestions they may have when starting this new and exciting transition.