New Employee: Benefit Enrollment Information
Contact Employee Services Center
Employee Services Center
161 Doak Conference Center
Employee Services Center Staff Directory
Congratulations on your new position with Texas Tech.
The Texas Employees Group Benefits Program offers excellent benefits. This program is managed by Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS). For a limited time while you are a newly eligible employee, you can sign up for certain valuable benefits with no questions asked.
It's important to know
- By signing up for benefits when they first become available, you won't have to provide proof of good health.
- If you miss your first opportunity to enroll in benefits, your next opportunity will be during the Annual Enrollment period. Your options may be limited and proof of good health may be required.
- You can only sign up during the year if you have qualifying life event, such as getting married or having a baby. Even then, proof of good health may be required.
During your first 31 days of employment or promotion into a benefits-eligible position is your opportunity to enroll in:
- Dental coverage
- Optional insurance coverage such as Life and Disability Insurance
- TexFlex - allows you to save money on health and daycare expenses
During your first 90 days of employment or promotion into a benefits eligible position is your opportunity to enroll:
- Your family in Health Insurance
Full-time employees are automatically enrolled in Health coverage that starts the 1st day of the month after your 90th day of employment.
Opportunities to Learn more about your Benefits and Enroll:
Attend New Employee Orientation
- If you have a current eRaider ID - log into the registration system provided by following this link to enroll: SumTotal TotalLMS
- If you do not have a current eRaider ID - call the HR Talent Development office at 806-742-0530 to enroll.
Enroll online at www.ers.state.tx.us
- If you need assistance with this website, please call Human Resources at 806-742-3851.