Equal Employment Opportunity Compliance Notice
Contact HR Talent Development
HR Talent Development
170 Doak Conference Center
HR Talent Development Staff Directory
All paid employees, regardless of position or benefits status, are required by the State of Texas to complete EEO Non-discrimination & Sexual Harassment Training within 30 days of hire and every two years thereafter. That means if you get a paycheck you need to take EEO training - no exceptions.
How do you complete the required EEO Training? There are several options available to you.
- Attend New Employee Orientation. If you are benefits eligible staff you will receive your initial training at the New Employee Orientation. Two years from the date of your orientation, your certification will expire. You will receive reminder notifications leading up to and after expiration occurs. You may complete refresher training through one of the following options.
- Attend a New Faculty/TA/RA/GA Orientation. If you are faculty or a student employee and your department offers an orientation with EEO Training you will receive your initial training at the orientation. Two years from the date of your orientation, your certification will expire. You will receive reminder notifications leading up to and after expiration occurs. If your department/college does not hold an orientation, you may attend an instructor-led class or complete the online course offering. You may complete refresher training through one of the following options.
- Attend instructor-led EEO training. Classes for employees (EEO100) are offered once a month and classes for managers (EEO200) are offered every other month (even months). You may register for a refresher training either by logging onto TotalLMS and registering yourself or by contacting Talent Development.
- Complete EEO training online. You may always refresh your training through the online course offering. Logging onto TotalLMS and registering yourself or by contacting Talent Development. There is an online course for employees (EEEO101) and one for managers (EEEO201), please register accordingly. Once you register for the online training, a start button will appear in the to-do area on your homepage.
- SumTotal TotalLMS: Logon with eRaider credentials
- Instructions for Registering Online
- Employees are able to print certificates of completion directly from the TotalLMS system: For instruction, refer this page
- Known issues with completing the course online: Pop-ups stop the course from loading correctly. If employees are using Internet Explorer 8, pop-ups may be blocked even if the user allows them. Here are instructions for dealing with this issue:
- Hold down the CTRL key on the keyboard, press the START button but do not let go of the CTRL key until the pop-up appears.
- Use a different internet browser. Firefox (Version 4.0 + is NOT currently supported), Chrome, Safari, will all work once you have turned off the pop-up blocker.
- Departments may request trainings for 10 or more employees. A representative from Talent Development can facilitate an EEO training onsite. Departments should contact Talent Development to schedule an on-site training.