Distinguished Staff Awards
The Matador Award recognizes a newcomer who has one to three years of service with Texas Tech. This individual has made significant contributions and shared innovative ideas throughout the year to the department and to the Texas Tech Community. The nominee has demonstrated initiative, a take-charge attitude, and improvement through collaborative strategies. Individuals reveiving the Matador Award are considered emerging leaders within the Texas Tech community.
- Individual has one to three years of continuous service with Texas Tech.
- Individual has a current performance evaluation on file with Human Resources and received an overall rating of "meets expectations" or above.
- Individual has not received a disciplinary action within the previous twelve months.
- Individual has completed all required trainings as outlined in OP 70.41.
- Individual has not received a Distinguished Staff Award in the past five years. (The Quality Service Awards will be used as a basis for eligibility until a five year history has been established for the Distinguished Staff Awards.)
Each recipient receives:
- $250 award
- Award plaque