SumTotal is the learning management system used by Texas Tech University. Only active University employees have access to the system. The preferred browser choices for SumTotal are Google Chrome, FireFox, and Safari. To log into SumTotal, use the link SumTotal Login. If you receive either of the following messages: br>
- You are a new hire, and your account hasn't been activated yet in SumTotal (typically takes 3 days after start date)
- You are not a paid University employee
- If you are not a paid University employee, please visit Environmental Health and Safety to complete your safety trainings.
Register for Training
The Learner Home page houses the Catalog, which shows training available to University employees. Beneath the Catalog is your To Do list. This will show you all trainings you have been assigned, or are currently registered for.
To register for an activity:
- Select the title of the activity in the Catalog.
- Select register on the far right hand side of the screen, then confirm the registration by selecting the Submit button.
- If you are registering for an in class training, you will receive a notification email with the training information such as time, date, and location after you have registered.
- If you are registering for an online training, you may begin the training immediately after registration.
- The Start button will appear on the Home Page in the To Do area. Use this button to launch the training at any time.
To cancel your registration:
- Hover over the Learner Tab > Learn > Training Schedule.
- Select the checkbox next to the training you wish to cancel, then select the arrow next to Cancel Registration.
- Select Cancel Marked on the bottom right side of the page.
- You will then be taken back to your Training Schedule.
Viewing Your Transcript
Your training transcript is a record of all your completed trainings. To view your transcript and print certificates:
- Select Training Transcript from the Quick Links menu on the left hand side of the page.
- Select the name of the activity for which you would like to print your certificate of completion.
- On the right side of the page, select the drop down by Options, and choose Diploma.
- *If you are using Internet Explorer, once you export to PDF the text on the certificate of completion will correct itself*.
- Or, hover over the Learner Tab > Learn > and under Learning Activity Reports select Training Transcript, then follow the steps listed above.