Here are some frequently asked advising questions and our answers to them…
How do I make an appointment with my advisor?
What do I need to bring to my advising session?
- Please check your Degree Evaluation on Raiderlink to make sure all the classes you have taken are accounted for. Also, bring a proposed list of classes you’d like to register for that includes alternates in case of scheduling conflicts.
What is an "Academic Advisor Hold" and how do I get it released?
- A hold is a block on your registration through your MyTech account. Please meet with your advisor to discuss and remove the hold.
Where do I need to go to change my major or transfer to another college?
- Visit with the advisor in the college in which you wish to transfer. If you wish to declare a major in Human Sciences, please call 742-1180 to schedule a major change appointment.
How do I declare a minor?
How do I learn about Study Abroad opportunities?
- Visit the Study Abroad office in the International Cultural Center at 9th and Indiana. Mass Advising meetings are held daily at 4:00 pm.
How do I learn which courses will transfer in my major from Study Abroad?
- After you have attended the study abroad advising meeting, and have determined where you want to study, please set up an appointment with your Human Sciences advisor.
How do I know which courses will transfer to my program from my community college?
- Your advisor will be able to evaluate your incoming credits to verify if they will apply to your degree plan. Also, you can determine how your credits will transfer by visiting the Transfer Evaluation Office’s website at www.depts.ttu.edu/registrar/teo.
When should I apply to the Teacher Education blocks?
- You should apply after you have completed at least 60 hours towards your degree. Remember that you will need at least a 2.7 GPA. Deadlines for application are September 20th for Spring admission and February 1st for Fall admission.
Why can’t I register now for next semester?
- The University has predetermined registration dates based on completed hours.
For more information on Registration Dates, please visit the TTU Registar's site.
Are grade replacements automatic?
- As of Fall 2009, all grade replacements are automatic. If you completed a class for grade replacement prior to Fall 2009, please go to the Registrar’s Office in West Hall Room 103 to file the appropriate paperwork.
When do I need to complete an Intent to Graduate?
- Please file an Intent to Graduate one year prior to your anticipated graduation date. You can find the form here.