The Curriculum Center for Family and Consumer Sciences
About Our Online Curriculum
We've spent over 50 years developing curriculum and delivering materials to FCS educators. We are continuing to meet the needs of Family and Consumer Sciences teachers across the nation. With our new look, new courses, updates to existing courses, and smooth navigation, teachers have the support they need to meet the challenges of today's education.
Our new design makes navigating through the sections of all 36 courses easier than ever. Each course addresses the FCS National and Texas standards with appropriate teaching strategies and supporting materials. With one membership, the teacher has access to instructional strategies, PowerPoints®, reproducible teaching aids, rubrics, links to quality internet resources and videos, and community networking within the platform. All of this empowers the teacher with the tools needed to engage students in active learning.
- Based on the objectives of both the National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences and the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills.
- Organized so the teacher can follow the outline and be assured that all student essential skills have been developed.
- Labeled for FCS National and Texas standards; Pre-PAC correlation; FCCLA and TAFE
correlation; type of activity; topic key word; correlation to language arts, math,
science, and social studies objectives; student technology usage; and additional resources.
- Hyperlinked so supporting materials are easily accessed.
- Formatted consistently for ease of use.
- Accessed easily with a computer, internet connection, and common programs, such as Word, PowerPoint®, and Adobe Reader.
Student materials are:
- Designed to elicit student's active involvement in learning.
- Formatted so that teaching aids may be manually or electronically completed.
Take a quick look. If you like what you see or you'd like to explore more on your own, fill out the contact form below and we will send you a trial login.
Architecture and Construction
- Interior Design - 1805
Arts, A/V Technology and Communications
- Fashion Design I & Lab - 1808
- Fashion Design II & Lab/Practicum & Extended Practicum in Fashion Design - 1807
Education and Training
- Principles of Education and Training - 1813
- Human Growth and Development - 1810
- Instructional Practices/Practicum & Extended Practicum in Education and Training - 1811
Hospitality and Tourism
- Principles of Hospitality and Tourism - 1820
- Introduction to Culinary Arts - 1816
- Culinary Arts - 1814
- Food Science - 1815
- Hospitality and Tourism Management: Hotel Management; Restaurant Management; Travel and Tourism Management - 1817
- Practicum in Culinary Arts & Practicum in Hospitality Services - 1818
- Principles of Human Services -1834
- Child Development - 1823
- Child Guidance - 1824
- Counseling and Mental Health - 1827
- Dollars and Sense - 1828
- Family and Community Services - 1829
- Interpersonal Studies - 1830
- Lifetime Nutrition and Wellness - 1832
- Practicum & Extended Practicum in Human Services - 1833
Career Development/Middle School
- Investigating Careers - 1801
- College and Career Readiness - 1802
Career Development/High School
- Career Preparation I & II & Extended Career Preparation - 1803
- Parenting for School-Aged Parents I & II - 1842
Online Membership Prices
CCFCS Memberships are for 12 months and may be started at any time. Your membership allows you access to online courses (based on the membership level selected below), community networking, and professional development.
|One teacher - access to one course||$200|
|Same teacher - add a course||$150|
|One teacher - access to 8 courses||$800|
|If ordering for more than 20 courses, please call for custom pricing (Excludes 8 course packages).|
|Have pricing questions? Call 806.742.3029 Monday - Friday 8 - 5 CST|