Department of Design
Minimum Laptop Computer Requirements
The laptop should meet or exceed the following specifications.
- Processor | 6th generation Intel® Core™ i7 or i9 quad-core processor, 2.4Ghz or greater
- Memory | 16GB RAM
- Storage | 512GB SSD (Solid State Disk)
- Display | 15 inch or larger, 1920x1080 or higher resolution
- Video Card | Quadro M1200, Geforce GTX 470, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, AMD Radeon Pro 555X
- Networking | Wireless 802.11N and Ethernet adapter
- Operating System | Windows 10 or OSX Sierra or newer
- Warranty | 3 years or greater
- Recovery | OS installation media
- Backup | external hard drive
Apple Macintosh Computers
The 15-inch Macbook Pro laptops exceed the specifications for the minimum computer requirement. Software programs required for use in some courses are only available on Microsoft Windows. To use this software, Windows will have to be installed on the laptop. Students are responsible for obtaining, installing, and maintaining operating systems on their computers.
Assistance with computer problems
For computer support visit the TTU IT help website or call 742-4357.
Limited support is available from the Department of Design IT staff.