Hi-Tech Fashion Group
The By Laws
Article I :: Name
Hi-Tech Fashion Group
Article II :: Purpose
One purpose of Hi-Tech Fashion Group is to promote knowledge of professional fields in the fashion industry by:
- Section 1. Presentations given by successful professionals in the fashion related fields,
- Section 2. Media from National and International business or industry, and
- Section 3. Annual visit to fashion centers across the nation.
The second is to promote student fashion related activities and community services.
Article III :: Members
- Section 1. Active members shall be enrolled at Texas Tech University.
- Section 2. Members are required to assist in the activities sponsored by Hi-Tech Fashion Group especially during fashion shows, fund-raisers, and special events.
- Section 3. Members can not miss more than two meetings per semester.
Article IV :: Officers
- Section 1. Officers for Hi-Tech Fashion Group are: President, President-elect/Human Sciences Council Representative, Treasurer, Secretary/Membership, Fundraising officer, Public Relations officer/Historian, and Committee Chairs.
- Section 2. All officers shall be Human Sciences majors.
- Section 3. Officers shall be nominated at the first meeting in the Fall by him/herself or others. After nominations are closed for each office, each nominee may give a short speech for why he/she would be a good choice for that office. Following nominations and any speeches, a secret ballot election will be held. The nominee with the most votes will take the office being voted on. In the event of a tie, all members shall vote again, including the president.
- Section 4. Officers shall be elected to serve for one year after being elected into office, which begins with the school year (Fall semester.)
- Section 5. If in the event of a vacancy, another election of nomination and majority vote by active members shall be held.
- Section 6. If there is a vacancy in the office of President, the President-elect shall assume office and a new President-elect shall be elected according to section 5.
Article V :: Meetings
- Section 1. Meetings shall be held once a month on a regular day as specified each year by the advisor and president of Hi-Tech Fashion Group.
- Section 2. Special meetings shall be called if necessary.
- Section 3. All officers are expected to attend every meeting, unless good reasons are submitted to the president or advisor. Every member is expected to take at least one responsibility during special events such as fashion shows.
Article VI :: Relationship
Hi-Tech Fashion Group has no affiliation with any National or State organization at this time.
Article VII :: Activities
- Section 1. Presentations of various professions in the fashion industry will be featured during some meetings.
- Section 2. Annual fashion shows such as Holiday, Human Sciences week, Senior Show, etc. will be held during the year.
- Section 3. Fund-raisers will be conducted in order to raise funds for various events, subscriptions, and other business expenses.
Article VIII :: Committees
- Section 1. Members must sign up for at least one committee, which will be determined at the beginning of each school year (Fall semester.)
Article IX :: Advisor
- Section 1. An advisor will be selected by the members of Hi-Tech Fashion Group at the end of the year, then asked if they agree to take on the responsibility to the group.
Article X :: Parliamentary Authority
- Section 1. Under special circumstances the current edition of Robert's Rules of Order shall govern the association cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with these by-laws and special rules of order the association my adopt.
Article XI :: Amendments
- Section 1. These by-laws may be amended at any regular meeting of the association by majority of vote. And may be revised when major changes occur.
- Section 2. These constitution and by-laws must be revised every 5 years.
Adopted January 21, 1985
Revised September 10, 1997