Admission to the Graduate School must be obtained through the Graduate Admissions Office. Admission to a graduate program in the area of Environmental Design is based on a review by the Director of Graduate Programs for graduate students and the faculty. No single criterion is used. Credentials are evaluated according to the following criteria.
- GPA from undergraduate/graduate study
- TOEFL scores (International Students)
- Copies of official transcripts
- Letters of recommendation (preferably from both academic and industry sources)
- Portfolio Review
Applicant's Career Goals
- Applicant's career objectives
- Telephone and/or on-campus interview
Resume or Vitae
- Special accomplishments in industry or academic pursuits
- Leadership experience
- Other experience relevant to the pursuit of a graduate degree
A minimum of 34 credit hours is required for the Environmental Design Master's Degree Program.
The number of credit hours is determined by the student's Program Advisory Committee and is based upon:
- Requirements in the departmental options,
- Past education and experience, and
- Professional goals of candidate
The student, in consultation with the Director of Graduate Programs for graduate studies and Program Advisory Committee, organizes a plane of study to include a minimum of:
- 18 credit hours in the specialization area,
- 9 electives/support collateral,
- 9 credit hours in research,
- 6 credit hours in departmental thesis research (minimum).
Further information about the plan of study requirements may be obtained from the Director of Graduate Programs.
How to Apply
Summer/Fall 2018 Applications
The Graduate School online application system is designed to help you easily navigate through the application process and ensure you complete your application in a timely manner.
ALL documents must be submitted through the online portal and directly to the department.
Spring 2018 Applicants
Apply to the Graduate School
- Apply to Texas Tech University's Graduate School: Online application
- Pay the application fee
For information about scholarships from the TTU Graduate School, please go to: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/gradschool/financial/GeneralFellowships.php
Submit documents to the Graduate School
Applicant File Upload Portal
The Applicant File Upload Portal may only be accessed once. Please make sure you have prepared ALL required documents before continuing.
Within 24 hours of submitting your Apply Texas application you will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to activate your eRaider account. You must have activated the eRaider account to upload documents to the Graduate School.
Uploading your documents may take up to 1 hour and you will be able to access the system only once. Please make sure you have completed and compiled all of the requested information before starting this step.
All documents must be PDF files which are no larger than 2MB each.
- Personal Statement of Professional Goals
- Written Sample
- Passport Bio Page (International Students)
- Proof of Financial Support (International Students)
- ALL Unofficial Copies of Degrees
- ALL Unofficial Copies of College/University Transcript
- Email addresses for 3 persons who will submit recommendations
- GRE scores
1. Go to the Applicant File Upload Portal
2. Create a profile and confirm which term and program you are applying to.
3. In tab 1:
- Upload your Resume/CV, Professional Statement of Professional Goals, and Written Sample. Please submit the document only once.
4. In tab 2:
- International students will submit their passport bio page and proof of financial support.
- All applicants will upload (unofficial) copies or scans of their degree certificates.
- All applicants will upload their portfolio.
5. In tab 3:
- Upload unofficial copies of College and University transcripts.
6. In tab 4:
- Provide the official e-mail address of up to three (3) persons willing to provide a letter of recommendation. Each recommender will receive an email from the system with a fillable two-page PDF recommendation form and a dedicated link for its submission.
7. In tab 5:
- Upload GRE score report, and where appropriate, proof of English proficiency for International Applicants, such as TOEFL or IELTS.
8. Click "Finish" to submit your materials.
Once your documents have been submitted in the Applicant File Upload Portal, you will then be able to start tracking your application status in the Raiderlink portal.