Interior Design Course Gallery
ID 3387 :: Computer Aided Drafting I
Computer Aided Drafting I
Students develop computer-generated 2-dimensional drafting skills then apply them to a small commercial project.
ID 3387 Residential Project
PROJECT: This Wall Has Got To Go!!!
Expected Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this final project, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate ability to apply 2-dimensional design fundamentals using basic AutoCAD computer applications.
- Develop skills in preparation of construction documents as a system of drawings, schedules, and specifications (e.g. construction/demolition plans, power plans, lighting/reflected ceiling plans, finish plans, elevations, sections, and details)
- Develop professional discipline (e.g. time management, organizational skills).
To convert a 3 bedroom/2 bath builder home with a closed plan into a multi-purpose/multi-functional open plan home.
Each design solution should include the following:
- Demolition plan
- Dimensioned plan
- Furniture floor plan
- Lighting/Electrical Plan
- Interior Elevations (2)
- Building section, transverse or longitudinal
- Problem and solution statement
- Preliminary Design
- Project presentation
Design Ideas to Consider:
- Creating rooms which have a relationship to the outside
- The capturing of natural light
- Parts in proportion to each other
- The idea of flow through rooms
- Private areas vs. common core
Do's and Don'ts:
Items which can change and those which can't are as follows:
- Floor plan can not exceed the existing foot print
- Plumbing to remain in its existing location
- All Doors and Windows may be relocated
- HVAC unit can not be relocated
- Washer & Dryer units can not be relocated
- The garage can be incorporated into the redesign
- Make better use of connection to the outside
- Work on creating focal points, creating a composition everywhere the viewer looks
- Make use of built-ins and modular furniture
- Take into consideration the sculptural aspect of ceilings, walls, flooring levels, and the carving away of areas to create greater definition while maintaining an open feel
The Client is a single middle aged professor with grown children and is interested in the following:
- A gourmet style kitchen
- Room for several hundred books
- A combination office/bedroom
- Entertaining very important/dinner parties, etc.
- Private areas with great views, interior & exterior
- A very open feel
- A very coordinated look through use of materials