Human Sciences Computer Lab Services and Technology/IT Support Services
The Computer Lab is facility funded by the Dean's office and exists for faculty, staff, and students. The facility consists of three computer labs on the third floor of the College of Human Sciences. Two of these labs are designated for classroom instruction and can be used for lab work when classes are not in session. There is one lab that is smaller and is only available for lab/project use.
These Computer Labs are maintained by three full-time staff members and several student workers. The three full time staff members also serve as technology services support and information technology support for the faculty and staff of Human Sciences. In this role of IT Support, and technology services support, they interact both directly and indirectly with faculty, students, and staff.
A summarized list of these interactions are listed below:
- Installation/Setup of New and Previously Used Computers
- Human Sciences run classroom technology support, maintenance, and classroom technology upgrades
- Human Sciences departmental conference room support, maintenance, and conference room technology upgrades
- Troubleshooting -
- Poster printing
- Assistance in purchasing new computers and other new technology related items
- Assistance in management of technology related projects
- Management of Human Sciences data share services
- Management of Human Sciences printer sharing services, access, setup, and troubleshooting
- Management of Human Sciences TTU Microsoft active directory/network user and item directory
- Management of Human Sciences group policy and end user desktop management
- Management of Human Sciences servers, and server backups
- Work with TTU information technology support to negotiate end solutions for project
management, network issue resolutions, network project support, telecommunication
needs, and data center support and project needs.
- IT Help Central
- Network Operations Center
- TTUnet Information Systems
- Telecommunication Services
- Technology Operations and Systems Management – (TTU Datacenter)