Human Sciences Committees and Councils
The Human Sciences Curriculum Committee is Advisery to the Dean in the task of achieving and maintaining the highest academic standards for the College undergraduate and graduate programs.
- The Office of the Dean will receive all requests for graduate and undergraduate courses and curriculum changes. Such changes will be initiated by the departments and should be approved by the departmental curriculum committee and department chairperson. Changes involving all undergraduate programs, the Human Sciences core, and interdepartmental programs may be presented by appropriate committees or the Human Sciences Administrative Team.
- The Curriculum Committee will meet electronically on an as needed basis.
- All requests for changes in degree plans or course additions/modification/deletion should be presented to the Dean’s Office using appropriate forms and should be self-explanatory. Electronic submissions are strongly preferred. Consult with the Dean’s Office if assistance is needed in locating appropriate forms.
- All proposed changes will be evaluated with consideration given to impact on the College, enrolled students, cost of implementation, and availability of equipment, resources, and qualified faculty members.
The Committee shall be composed of several members including a representative from all of the academic programs within the College. These members include:
- The Executive Associate Dean will represent the Dean, serve as Chairperson, review all proposals for consistency with University and College policies, and provide information concerning impact of proposed changes.
- Each Program Director representing their academic unit will be a member of the committee. If program director positions are not utilized in a department, the department Chairperson will appoint an equivalent representative for the department’s academic areas.
- One student will be appointed by the Dean of Human Sciences to serve one year.
- The Director of the Advising office will serve as ex-officio member of the committee.
The Executive Associate Dean will collect and distribute electronically material for the committee members to consider. Committee responses will also be electronic. If there are issues that need further discussion, the Associate Dean will schedule a face-to-face meeting.