Human Sciences Committees and Councils
The Research Committee promotes, encourages, and supports research activities in the
College of Human Sciences.
- Identify informational/ needs of CoHS faculty and staff to assist with proposal development.
- Make recommendations to the Dean about distribution of Research Incentive and other
sources of research related funding.
- Highlight CoHS research activities via the CoHS Research website and other outlets.
- Evaluate research-related Operating Policies on a regular basis.
- The committee is composed of one faculty member from each academic department and
one member selected from among the college centers and institutes.
- Department chairpersons will appoint the representative from the departments and the
Associate Dean for Research will appoint the representative from the centers and institutes.
- Appointment terms are annual, and members can be reappointed.
- The committee will meet periodically as needed to carry out assigned responsibilities.
- The Associate Dean for Research serves as Chairperson of the committee and facilitates