Human Sciences Committees and Councils
Promote, encourage, and support research activities in the College of Human Sciences.
- Identify information/training needs of COHS faculty and staff to assist with proposal development.
- Select COHS nominee for the Barnie E. Rushing Jr. Distinguished Research Award.
- Make recommendations to the Dean about distribution of Research Incentive funds.
- Coordinate the development of an annual publication to highlight COHS research activities.
- Evaluate research-related Operating Policies on a scheduled basis.
- The committee is composed of one faculty member from each academic department and one member selected from among the college centers and institutes.
- Department chairpersons will appoint the representative from the departments and the Assistant Dean for Research will appoint the representative from the centers and institutes.
- Appointment terms are annual, and members can be reappointed.
- The committee will meet periodically as is needed to carry out assigned responsibilities.
- The Assistant Dean for Research serves as chair of the committee and facilitates its work.