Human Sciences Committees and Councils
Review student scholarship applications and develops a list of awardees according to specific criteria for college-administered scholarships and for Human Sciences students nominated for TTU Parent’s Association Scholarships and other special awards when requested. The committee is guided by the COHS Scholarship Award Operating Policy.
- Review applications for scholarships awarded by the College of Human Sciences and to human sciences majors by the TTU Parent’s Association and other groups.
- Solicit departmental rankings of graduate applicants and undergraduate candidates for scholarships that require special criteria.
- Provide names of recipients who meet specific scholarship guidelines to the Executive Associate Dean. Further notification and processing will occur from the Dean's Office.
- Recommend monetary value of awarded scholarships based upon accrued interest if not otherwise stated.
- The committee is composed of one representative from each academic department appointed by the department chairperson and a staff member from the dean’s office appointed by the Executive Associate Dean.
- The Executive Associate Dean serves in an ex officio role, facilitates the work of the committee, but does not participate in awarding scholarships.
- Once scholarship applications have been released from the STS system, the Executive Associate Dean will convene the scholarship committee.
- The college scholarship coordinator (who is never a member of the committee) will provide application data for the pool of college applicants. Data can be organized in any way that the committee wishes.
- The committee will examine available scholarships and assign recipients based on best fit for scholarship criteria.
- The list of awardees is then provided to the scholarship coordinator.
- Scholarships will be awarded in two rounds, one in early spring, the other prior to August 1.
- Committee members who are related in any way to a student applying for a scholarship should not participate in the award process.