Human Sciences Committees and Councils
Promote the use of computing and multi-media equipment in the College of Human Sciences (CoHS) as it continuously updates and maintains cutting edge technology for academic, research, and operation of the College; provide recommendations and assistance in purchasing various types of equipment and assesses technology related needs. The committee also acts as a conduit for communication between departments and the CoHS.
- Provide information to administrative units concerning issues related to technology within the CoHS.
- Provide information to other committee members about concerns from their unit related to issues from faculty and staff.
- Develop and review operating policies and organizational structure of the CoHS Computer Learning Center, Graduate Lab, PFP Lab, and other computer labs within the College along with the multi-media classrooms.
- Develop and review system for allocating resources for the repair of computing and multi-media equipment and support of web-based projects.
- Assist in developing HEAF requests for the Labs within the CoHS along with the multi-media classrooms.
- Provide advice regarding the purchase of computing and multimedia equipment and software in academic, research, and administrative units of the CoHS.
- Periodically assess strengths and weaknesses of the CoHS in meeting the academic, research, and administrative technology needs of the college.
- One faculty member from each department in the college and a staff member from the Dean's Office is appointed by the Associate Dean for Operations and Finance.
- The Manager of Technology Services serves as Ex-Officio member of the committee.
- The Associate Dean for Administration and Finance serves as Chairperson of the committee and facilitates its works.
- Terms are annual with reappointment possible.
- Attend meetings as called by the Associate Dean for Administration and Finance.
- Provide advice and assistance to representative units regarding technology needs and purchases.
- Develop, review, implement, and assess policies regarding technology use in the CoHS.