Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Early Childhood Online
Earn a bachelor's degree online that is designed for professional adults seeking to make an impact on young children and families.
In this non-certification program, you will integrate and apply an understanding of physical, cognitive, social and emotional development as it applies to children in various contexts. Join the only online BAAS program in Texas with a focus on early childhood.
Texas Tech University's Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences in Early Childhood offers individuals who have completed an Associates of Applied Arts and Sciences a flexible path to earning their bachelor's degree.
This 2-year to 4-year bachelor's degree option will help you excel by combining your professional knowledge and community college education with courses on child development taught by experts in their fields. A BAAS degree in our early childhood program prepares you for a career making a difference with young children.
Choose Texas Tech's online early childhood bachelor of applied arts and sciences degree if you want to:
- Work directly with children in your community. Your early childhood coursework will prepare you to apply your knowledge of child development through the completion of a practicum course. Your practicum will focus on gaining experience in a community program of your choice. Students who have these valuable field experiences will understand how to relate their classroom knowledge to children in a community setting.
- Gain diverse experience with children from infancy through childhood. The early childhood program enables students to develop links between theoretical research and current practices in early childhood settings. Students have the unique opportunity to apply their knowledge of infants, toddlers, preschool and school-age children. Students will be prepared to enter the job market in early childhood settings, social service organizations, non-profits, and governmental agencies.
- Earn your bachelor's degree online in as little as 2 years. At Texas Tech, you can utilize your community college courses to receive a bachelor's
degree from a four-year institution. The online early childhood BAAS program will
provide an entryway to gain your EC-3* or EC-6 teaching certification to fulfill the
state's need for teachers, particularly in rural areas. While you will have excellent
preparation for a certification exam, this degree does not provide teacher certification.
*Pending SACSCOC approval.
Attain Expertise Needed to Work in an Early Childhood Environment
Career Opportunities in Early Childhood
The online early childhood bachelor's degree prepares you for careers as an expert in the development of young children. Graduates can expect to find jobs in:
- Government Agencies
- Social Service Organizations
- Healthcare and Non-Profits
- Early Childhood and Elementary Education
*Pending SACSCOC approval.
For more information about the online Early Childhood bachelor of applied arts and sciences degree
Request Information Online
Contact the Office of Recruitment and Visitor's Center
- Phone: (806) 742-1941