Restaurant, Hotel and Institutional Management
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN
Purpose of Program:
The Hospitality Administration doctoral degree prepares graduates to function in a faculty role in institutions of higher education and to assume positions of responsibility and leadership in the hospitality industry.
Expected Learning Outcomes from Program:
- Have an in-depth and accurate understanding of the concepts and sources of valid, updated information within the field of hospitality administration.
- Understand central issues, current research, and research needs in hospitality administration.
- Apply conceptual and theoretical information to solve practical problems related to the hospitality industry.
- Prepare and communicate hospitality-related information in written and oral forms to academic and professional audiences.
- Design and implement one or more research or creative projects.
- Comprehend central issues and utilize techniques important to teaching in hospitality administration.
- Value the integration of teaching and research.
- Analyze the social, multicultural, and environmental dimensions of issues facing hospitality professionals in academic and industry settings.
- Value involvement in professional organizations in the hospitality industry.