Bachelor of Science in Human Sciences
The online Human Sciences degree offers a flexible, convenient pathway to a Texas Tech diploma from anywhere in the world.
Texas Tech University's online Bachelor of Science in Human Sciences provides you with a valuable blend of independence and structure.
This interdisciplinary bachelor's degree enables you to integrate courses from multiple departments, while taking some or all of your courses online. You can complete this online degree while maintaining your work and family commitments—and you can use transfer credits from other accredited colleges to reduce your time to completion.
You will graduate with the same marketable, career-oriented degree that our on-campus students earn. Texas Tech's student support team will work with you every step of the way to help you design a customized program that focuses on your interests and serves your career objectives.
The rigorous, interdisciplinary human sciences degree can help you excel as an independent thinker and creative problem-solver. You will cultivate skills that have immediate value in many industries, while preparing you to adapt quickly in response to cultural, economic, and technological changes.
Consider our online human science bachelor's degree if you want to:
- Maximize the value of previously earned college credits. If you are transferring to Texas Tech or resuming your education, you can reduce your time to graduation by counting previously earned credits toward the online human sciences degree. Our advisers will work with you to design a strong academic plan that builds on credits you have already earned from accredited two-year and four-year schools.
- Develop marketable skills that are in high demand. In today's interconnected economy, employers seek independent thinkers who can synthesize ideas from multiple sources of information. The online human sciences degree showcases your ability to integrate courses from multiple academic fields, while sharpening skills such as communication, writing, research, and critical reasoning.
- Define your long-range objectives. The online Human Sciences degree enables you to take courses in many different fields. By sampling a broad range of interests, you can explore your varied interests and chart a future path that suits your passions and abilities.
Build Your Online Human Sciences Degree Around a Strong Academic Core
In the online human sciences bachelor's program, you will organize your studies around three areas of concentration, earning a minimum of 18 credits in each area. You may be able to satisfy some of these requirements with previously earned credits.
You will choose at least two of your concentrations from academic departments within the College of Human Sciences, with the third coming from a department in any of Texas Tech's 13 colleges. The concentration options within the College of Human Sciences are:
- Addictive Disorders and Recovery Studies
- Human Development and Family Studies
- Nutritional Sciences
- Restaurant, Hotel, and Institutional Management
- Retail Management
- Studies in Personal Finance
In addition to your three areas concentration, the online bachelor's degree in human sciences includes core courses required by the university and the College of Human Sciences.
Career Opportunities in Human Sciences
The interdisciplinary Human Sciences bachelor's degree provides you with a broad range of career opportunities.
If you have a specific career path in mind, our academic advisers will help you choose concentrations and coursework that fit your objective. If you want to explore multiple career possibilities, we will help you design a versatile academic program providing multiple career pathways.
The online human sciences degree can prepare you for almost any career path you desire. The range of options includes:
- Health care administration
- Nonprofit leadership
- Medical and nursing careers
- Mental health counseling
- Environmental design
- Childhood development
- Financial advising
Some commonly chosen concentration groupings are:
- Human Development and Family Studies, Nutrition, and Health Professions
- Studies in Personal Finance, Restaurant, Hotel and Institutional Management, and Organizational Leadership
- Studies in Personal Finance, Restaurant, Hotel and Institutional Management, and Human Resource Development
- Human Development and Family Studies, Addictive Disorders and Recovery Studies, and Sociology or Psychology
- Nutrition, Restaurant, Hotel and Institutional Management, and Human Development and Family Studies
- Human Development and Family Studies, Addictive Disorders and Recovery Studies, and Studies in Personal Finance
Request Information Online
Contact the Office of Recruitment and Visitor's Center
- Phone: (806) 742-1941