Master of Science
in Hospitality and Retail Management
Admission to the Graduate Program Requires the Following:
Hospitality & Retail Management Master's Program Application Process
All of the below steps must be completed by these deadlines to be considered for admission.
Fall Admission: July 15
Spring Admission: November 15
Summer Admission: April 15
Applicants must complete the application in the following sequence.
Step 1: Sign up and take the GRE or GMAT
Step 2: Send the following to the Graduate Masters Advisor (address below):
- Personal statement of career goals (not to exceed three pages in length)
- Three letters of reference or reference forms (Word or PDF Format)
Step 3: Send to the Director of Graduate Admissions, Texas Tech University:
- Application for Admission to Graduate School available from the TTU Graduate School.
- Nonrefundable application fee (amount specified by the Graduate School)
- Original transcript(s) of all previous college studies
- Scores of the GRE or the GMAT
- TOEFL scores (International students only)
Graduate Masters Advisor
Nutrition, Hospitality, & Retailing
College of Human Sciences
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, TX 79409
1301 Akron Avenue
Lubbock, TX 79409
- Students may begin the program at the beginning of any semester.
- Master of Science Candidates should have a baccalaureate degree. A successful candidate will have an undergraduate GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Candidates must have completed the GRE or GMAT.
- For international students, the minimum scores of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) are: TOEFL Paper-Based 550, TOEFL Computer-Based 213, TOEFL Internet-Based 79, IELTS Academic Overall 6.5.
- Prerequisite knowledge in food service management, retailing, hotel operations, travel and tourism, financial and managerial accounting, management concepts, marketing, or computer software applications is expected. Conditional admission, which requires the completion of leveling coursework, may be granted to applicants who do not satisfy this requirement.
- Students without a hospitality degree will complete a levelling course, RHIM 5300, the first semester
Specific information regarding the admission to the M.S. degree with a major in Hospitality & Retail Management can be found in the Texas Tech University Graduate Catalog. The following discussion summarizes the admission process.
Send the following documents to