Undergraduate Scholarship Information
The Nutritional Sciences department, in conjunction with the College of Human Sciences, offers a variety of undergraduate scholarships of different amounts. In order for a student to receive a scholarship from NS, it is the College of Human Sciences requirement that the student completes an undergraduate scholarship application via the university's scholarship websites and provides additional documentation (see application check list).
How to Apply
- Undergraduate Application Form: http://www.scholarships.ttu.edu/
For undergraduate applicants, you will be prompted to different options, click on the appropriate application:
- Entering Freshman Scholarship Application
- Transfer Student Scholarship Application
- International Students
- Current Student Scholarship Application
You will also see a heading entitled, "Other Scholarships" where students can apply for private or third party scholarships, special scholarships, merit based scholarships, college and departmental scholarships.
DEADLINES FOR APPLICATIONS
- Applications are due every year on February 1 for the following academic year.
- General University scholarships are awarded by the Financial Aid Office. Need based awarding begins in early March. It is best for students to submit their FAFSA or renewal FAFSA as soon as they have their family's tax information.
In addition to your application, you must have on file at TTU:
- Official Transcript(s).
- Scores on the A.C.T. or S.A.T. (prospective freshmen). Other applicants should furnish cumulative GPA.
SELECTION OF RECIPIENTS
Once the General Scholarship Application is completed by the required deadline, the recipients are selected by the NS Department scholarship committee. While evaluation is based on the criteria set for the specific award, most awards subsume: scholarship, excellence, achievement in academic and non-academic areas, leadership, character, seriousness of purpose and/or need. Failure to provide promptly all information requested could result in disqualification of the application. Check your TTU email account for notification of scholarship awards.
For more detailed criteria for each of the above listed scholarships, contact the NS Department at (806) 742-5720 or email Jenna Seale at (firstname.lastname@example.org)