Obesity Research Cluster
Obesity Research Cluster Strategic Plan
2014 to 2017
Achieve national leadership and recognition in interdisciplinary Obesity research and education.
Develop interdisciplinary basic clinical and community translational research to prevent and treat Obesity along with its related complications, using innovative collaborations and strategic partnerships.
The Obesity Research Cluster ...
The Texas Tech Obesity Research Cluster (ORC) conducts interdisciplinary research
to address the complexity of Obesity from the biological, behavioral, environmental
and societal aspects. This centralized research infrastructure promotes translational,
basic, clinical and community research to understand the etiology, complications and
effective prevention and treatment of Obesity. The ultimate goal is to take an active
role in improving quality of life, locally and globally.
- Integrity & Trust
- Respect for Interdisciplinary Teamwork & Diversity
- Mentoring & Training
- Compassion & Dedication
- Multidisciplinary & Dynamic Knowledge Development and Dissemination
Strategic Priorities and Goals
Strategic Planning Report 2014-2017
- Priority 1: Expand and Enhance Research and Creative Scholarship
- Priority 2: Enhance Academic Environment through Faculty, Postdoc and Student Success and Diversity
- Priority 3: Further Outreach and Multidisciplinary Collaborations (Internal and External)