Personal Financial Planning
The AFC® Distance Learning Program costs $1,800 and will cover the following:
- Two Online Courses:
- Introduction to Personal Finance
- Financial Counseling & Consumer Credit
- Course Materials:
- Access code for the Introduction to Personal Finance eText and financial calculator
- Shipment of the following textbooks:
- Financial Counseling: A Strategic Approach, 3rd Edition. By C.J. Pulvino & C.A. Pulvino
- Guide to Surviving Debt, (current edition). By National Consumer Law Center
- Solving Your Money Troubles: Strategies to Get Out of Debt and Stay That Way, (current edition). By Robin Leonard
The AFC® Distance Learning Program is affiliated with Texas Tech University, however registering for this program does not enroll you into the university and classify you as a full-time Texas Tech student. Since you are not a full-time student, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Skype for Business, or Adobe will not be available to download for free through the University.
The Program cost does not include the AFC® Examination. Once you have passed both educational courses, the Texas Tech Personal Finance Program will inform AFCPE® of your completion status and then you will become eligible to take your exam through an AFC® designated testing center. Please see the AFCPE® website for more information.
GI Bill or VA Benefits Funding