Texas Wine Marketing Research Institute
WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits
Dates for Fall 2018 Coming Soon
Please contact email@example.com to be added to our mailing list. We will notify you about the dates of upcoming classes as soon as registration opens.
Who Should Attend?
*A WSET Level 1 Certification is not required before taking this exam.
A beginner to intermediate level qualification exploring wines and spirits for those working in the industry or wine and spirit enthusiasts.
This course is taught at the TTU Fredericksburg teaching site, located in the hill country of Texas, an ideal setting for being introduced to the world of wine.
For individuals seeking a core understanding of wines, this qualification explores the major grape varieties and important wine regions in which they are grown. You'll learn about the styles of wines produced from these grapes as well as key classifications and labelling terminology. A basic overview of the key categories of spirits and liqueurs will also be provided. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET® certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET® certified logo.
What You'll Learn
- How wine is made
- What factors influence wine style
- The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
- The important wine-producing regions of the world in which these grapes are grown
- The production of sparkling, sweet, and fortified wines
- Label terminology
- Food and wine pairing principles
- The principal categories of spirits and liqueurs, and how they are made
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Students under the age of 21 are allowed to take the course and the exam, but are NOT allowed to sample any alcoholic beverages as part of their course.