United Future Leaders
Annual UFL Ambassador Activities
August - School Supply Drive for the Children's Home of Lubbock (CHOL)
- Provide backpacks and school supplies to all high school students at CHOL.
October - Lubbock Dream Center
- Assist with packaging and loading of weekend meals for community members and other activities benefitting the organization in their mission to meet basic needs in the community.
December – Carillon LifeCare Community Holiday Service Event
- Interact with elderly residents by playing holiday themed games and delivering holiday treats. Residents will have a chance to share their leadership and service experiences and advice to Ambassadors for their continued development as young leaders in the community.
January – UFL Ambassador Leadership Conference – Parents & Ambassadors Welcome!
- Parents, UFL Ambassadors and invited guests participate in various breakout sessions contributing to their individual and collective leadership development.
February – Ronald McDonald House Charities Service Event
- UFL Ambassadors serve as "Guest Chefs" by preparing a meal for families and staff at the Ronald McDonald House. Ambassadors also help clean-up around the house as needed.
April - Senior Ambassador Pinning Ceremony
- Honored a 7-year commitment with a UFL Ambassador lapel pin to be worn at individual graduation ceremonies.
May - Special Olympics Spring Games
- Provided TTU goodies and applied TTU face tattoos to Special Olympic athletes from Lubbock and the surrounding area.
July – UFL Ambassador "Think Tank"
- Share your voice by providing input on new UFL program events and happenings! Help us improve the resources we offer.
August – Service Summit
- Participate in a workshop with various breakout sessions related to engaging further in active servant leadership
- New Ambassadors will participate in a S.M.I.L.E. Training to learn the original service framework used by all UFL Ambassadors when completing the online service logs.
- Recognition of total service log hours completed by UFL Ambassadors during the academic year.
Year-round activities - UFL Ambassador Online Service Log
- Implementation of online forum for recording service hours to develop leadership portfolio.