President's Excellence in Diversity and Equity Award
Q & A
What kind of activities qualify as diversity and equity activities?
Please refer to OP 10.15 - To qualify for the President's Excellence in Diversity and Equity Award, applicants must satisfy one or more of the following criteria:
- Outstanding service to equity and diversity enhancement at Texas Tech University.
- (i.e. participating in programs on campus which seek to foster greater understanding of diversity at Texas Tech, participating in activities on campus that promote tolerance and appreciation of diverse cultures/groups, and contributing time and energy to campus organizations that deal with diversity issues)
- Outstanding service to equity and diversity enhancement in the community.
- (i.e. participating in community activities and events that foster a greater understanding of diversity in our society, individual contributions which promote tolerance and appreciation of diverse cultures/groups in the community, and contributing time and energy to off campus organizations that deal with diversity issues or activities)
- Outstanding activities and projects that contribute to a better understanding of equity and diversity issues.
- (i.e. participating in programs and activities that help students, faculty, and staff have a better understanding of diverse cultures/groups)
Who should write my letter of recommendation?
A faculty, staff, or student member who can clearly describe your contributions in the area of diversity and equity.
How can the awards be used?
The faculty and staff award is to be used for personal, professional, or academic use. The student award must be applied as a scholarship to support academic expenses.
How will my application be reviewed?
Applications will be reviewed by a committee of Texas Tech peers.
When will I find out if I received an award?
Award recipients will be announced at the President's Excellence in Diversity and Equity Award ceremony on Thursday, April 30, 2015 held at 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
Please contact Avelina Padilla at 742-7025 if you need more information.
Division of Institutional Diversity, Equity & Community Engagement
164 Administration Building
Lubbock, TX 79409-5024
806-742-7025 phone | 806.742.2364 fax