How To Apply
The application process for admission into the Master's of Forensic Science program can be completed through the Graduate School at Texas Tech. (For those who have already sent in items directly to the Institute for Forensic Sciences, they will be uploaded to the Applicant Portal).
Application to the Graduate School
- Go to the Graduate School at Texas Tech website for further information. Follow all application procedures for admission.
- In addition to the Graduate School application, the Institute for Forensic Sciences
requires the following documents to be uploaded and submitted through the Graduate
School Applicant Portal:
- GRE test scores (Code: 6827)
- Letter of Intent
- This should address which track you are applying to (Scientific or Investigative), your career goals, personal statement, and why you believe this program is a good fit for you
- Three letters of recommendation
- Two must be from academic faculty, written on institutional letterhead
- Curriculum Vita or Resume
- Sending these materials to the Institute for Forensic Science may result in delayed processing of your application
- For further information or questions, please email Dr. Thoen
Applications for program admission are accepted twice a year. The application deadline for Fall admission is February 1 and the deadline for Spring admission is September 30.
Applicants who are being considered for admission will be interviewed prior to acceptance. Interviews may be conducted in person or via telephone.
Applicants should be aware that practice in the field of forensic science often includes criminal background checks. A prior criminal conviction may limit program internship and/or career possibilities.