How To Apply
Failure to adhere to these requirements and procedures may result in your application being rejected or not reviewed.
- Go to the Graduate School at Texas Tech website for further information. Follow all application procedures for admission. Sending materials directly to the program may result in delayed processing of your application or the materials not being reviewed.
- In addition to the Graduate School application, the program requires the following documents to be submitted through the Graduate School Applicant Portal:
- GRE test scores (Code: 6827)
- Letter of Intent
- This should address which track you are applying to (Scientific or Investigative),
your career goals, personal statement, and why you believe this program is a good
fit for you.
- For the Scientist track, the applicant's Bachelor's degree must be in a forensic or natural science, i.e., Chemistry, Biology, Biomedical Science.
- This should address which track you are applying to (Scientific or Investigative), your career goals, personal statement, and why you believe this program is a good fit for you.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Two must be from academic faculty (i.e., college or university), written on institutional letterhead
- Curriculum Vita or Resume
Applications for program admission are accepted twice a year. The application deadline for Fall admission is February 1 and the deadline for Spring admission is September 30.
*NOTE: CHANGE IN APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR FALL 2018 ADMISSION. Applications for Fall 2018 admission will begin to be reviewed on February 1, 2018, and will continue until March 18, 2018.*
Applicants who are being considered for admission will be interviewed prior to acceptance. Interviews may be conducted in person, via Skype, or via telephone.
Applicants should be aware that practice in the field of forensic science often includes criminal background checks. A prior criminal conviction may limit program internship and/or career possibilities.
For further information or questions about applications, please email Dr. Prada.