CDC Information for International Travelers
CDC has published updated guidance for “After You Travel”. This guidance recommends that travelers take precautions for 14 days to reduce the risk to family friends and community, but it does not require that travelers quarantine at home for 14 days. These standard precautions include:
- Social distancing
- Wearing a mask when outside your residence
- Washing your hands
- Monitoring your health for symptoms
The CDC “After you Travel” web page also recommends additional precautions for travelers that have participated in what they define as “Higher Risk Activities” during their travels. For travelers that were involved in these higher risk activities, CDC recommends the following additional precautions for 14 days (in addition to the precautions listed above).
- Stay home as much as possible.
- Avoid being around people at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.>
- Consider getting tested for COVID-19.