Sr. Director for IEEM to receive Distinguished Staff Award
The Distinguished Staff Awards are intended to recognize and support the achievements of Texas Tech University and TTU System employees. Elizabeth McDaniel will receive the President's Award of Excellence, presented for strong leadership skills throughout the year, serving as a role model for his or her colleagues, and promoting goals of Texas Tech through actions and job performance.
Since the start of spring semester 2014, Elizabeth worked tirelessly at two jobs. She not only took over all the duties of her predecessor (who retired after 20 years as Director of Study Abroad), she also served as interim Sr. Director for International Education and Enrollment Management (IEEM), a new position that combines Study Abroad with all international aspects of Enrollment Management. Now formally installed as Sr. Director for IEEM, Elizabeth continues to work hard to ensure that all members of the IEEM team work together harmoniously.
Criteria for Consideration for the President's Award of Excellence:
- Individual has one or more years of continuous service with Texas Tech.
- Individual has a current performance evaluation on file with Human Resources and received an overall rating of "meets expectations" or above.
- Individual has not received a disciplinary action within the previous twelve months.
- Individual has completed all required trainings as outlined in OP 70.41.
- Individual has not received a Distinguished Staff Award in the past five years. (The Quality Service Awards will be used as a basis for eligibility until a five year history has been established for the Distinguished Staff Awards.)