Poetry in Sevilla
No prior poetry experience is required for this program in Sevilla! We'll read the Odyssey and a few other amazing books of poetry focused on travel. This class will deeply immerse you in travel and poetry, and you will never forget the experience. We'll live in Sevilla but will also visit Granada, Cordoba, Toledo, Segovia, and Madrid.
Your faculty leader, Dr. Poch, has lived in Sevilla numerous times, so he will be your best tour guide to this amazing city. You do not want to miss this opportunity: the food, the culture, and the duende! Texas Tech has our own Center and staff in Sevilla, so you will have no worries.
To get an idea of what the program is like, review of a video of a previous program Dr. Poch hosted in Sevilla.
Lonely Planet Names Sevilla 2018 Top Destination
Lonely Planet has released its prestigious list of top travel destinations for 2018 and Sevilla is #1! Watch a video about Sevilla to see what awaits you when you study abroad at the Center in Sevilla.
- ENGL 2305: Introduction to Poetry
- This course satisfies the Language, Philosophy, and Culture Requirement for every Texas Tech student.
Estimated Program Fee
- Additional expenses include tuition, fees, travel expenses and more. Be sure to review the total estimated program cost as well as the Process of Paying information.
- May 17-June 12, 2018
Program Open To
- All TTU students
Program Fee Includes
- Seville TTU Center fees
- Ground transportation during program
- Host family-stay including 3 meals/day + weekly laundry
- International health insurance
- Planned excursions including Granada, Madrid, Segovia, Toledo, and Cordoba
Program Fee Does Not Include
- TTU tuition and fees
- Airfare to/from Spain
- Education Abroad fee ($200)
- Meals on excursions
- Personal spending money
For more information:
Contact: Dr. John Poch
To continue working on your application click the button below and log in with your eRaider credentials.Continue Your Application (TTU students)