Arabic Language & Culture in Jordan
Students participating in this program will have the unique opportunity to explore the rich culture, history and language of Jordan. Students will enroll in one Arabic language course and one course which will focus on Arabic culture. Excursions will supplement the Arabic language and culture courses and may include visits to religious sites, markets, and more.
Questions about Study Abroad?
If so, come to a group information session! Attend to learn more about study abroad and to meet other students interested in this program. During the session, you will learn about the application process, scholarships, billing, and more. See you at the Information Session!
- Monday, February 5
- 4:00 pm
- International Cultural Center Auditorium
- ARAB 3305 Introduction to Arab-Muslim Civilization taught by Professor Al-Hmoud
- Arabic language taught by the Modern Language Center faculty in Amman
- 6 credit hours total
- Additional expenses include tuition, fees, travel expenses and more. Be sure to review the total estimated program cost as well as the Process of Paying information.
- May 27 - July 7, 2018
Program Open To
- All TTU students
Program Fee Includes
- Accommodations including 2 meals per day (breakfast and lunch)
- Arabic language course (3 credit hours)
- Guided tours and cultural excursions including transportation and some meals
- Excursions may include: Wadi Rum, Petra, Aqaba, the Dead Sea and Baptism site, Erak Al Amir, and more.
Program Fee Does Not Include
- Texas Tech tuition and fees (3 credits; course taught by Professor Rula Al-Hmoud.)
- Airfare to/from Jordan
- Some meals
- Electricity in accommodations. You will be billed directly by the Modern Language Center for electricity bills.
- Insurance ($1.76/day)
- Education Abroad fee ($200)
- Personal spending money
For more information:
Contact: Professor Rula Al-Hmoud
To continue working on your application click the button below and log in with your eRaider credentials.Continue Your Application (TTU students) Continue Your Application (non-TTU students)