Collegiate Recovery Community in Prague
This course is an examination of the family dynamics of addiction and recovery. Specific reference to understanding the factors and influences of substance abuse/dependence, addiction, and the process of recovery in Central Europe is covered. It will also explain personal/familial factors of addiction and be able to highlight those personal and familial factors that contribute to substance abuse, addiction, and recovery. Students will have the opportunity to attend historical sites as well as recovery meetings in Prague and the surrounding areas. The city is easy to navigate; Prague is located on the banks of the beautiful Vltava River and is rich in political, cultural, and economic history. Given its diversity and importance in the history of central Europe, Prague is the ideal place to spend your summer.
Review the program brochure for further detail on the program.
Questions about Study Abroad?
If so, come to a group information session! Attend to learn more about study abroad and to meet other students interested in this program. During the session, you will learn about the application process, scholarships, billing, and more. See you at the Information Session!
- Monday, February 12
- 4:00 pm
- International Cultural Center Auditorium
- ADRS 4000: Family Dynamics and Educational Process in Central Europe
- This course will substitute for FCSE 3300 and FCSE 4325 for CFAS majors only.
- This course will substitute for ADRS 3325 for ADRS minors only.
- Other majors in Human Sciences should contact Vincent Sanchez.
Estimated Program Fee
- Additional expenses include tuition, fees, travel expenses and more. Be sure to review the total estimated program cost as well as the Process of Paying information.
- May 26-July 8, 2018
Program Open To
- Students who are active members of the Center for Collegiate Recovery Communities
- Students majoring in Community, Family and Addiction Sciences (CFAS)
- Students minoring in Addictive Disorders and Recovery Studies (ADRS)
For more information:
Program Fee Includes
- Cell phone
- Excursions and cultural events including:
- Cesky Krumlov, and Sedlec Ossuary (The Bone Church) in Kutna Hora, Czech Republic
- Krakow, Poland including Auschwitz Concentration Camp and Auschwitz II-Birkenau
- Airport pickup
- Metro pass
- Flight to Newcastle, England
- Transportation from Newcastle to Middlesbrough, England
- Train from Middlesbrough to London, England - Kings Cross Station or Manchester, England
- This is at the end of the study abroad program and all flights home or to other destinations need to be out of either of these locations.
Program Fee Does Not Include
- TTU tuition and fees
- Airfare to Prague and from London
- Cleaning deposit
- Personal spending money
- Health insurance ($1.76/day)
- Education Abroad fee ($200)
To continue working on your application click the button below and log in with your eRaider credentials.Continue Your Application (TTU students)