Education in the Dominican Republic
This Maymester study abroad program offers TTU students an opportunity to live with Dominican families in Santiago, engage in daily field experiences in the Hostos Bilingual School, take an education class taught by a Texas Tech University professor, and explore the island, including a visit to the Monument to the Heroes of the Restoration War of 1863.
Questions about Study Abroad?
If so, come to a group information session! Attend to learn more about study abroad and to meet other students interested in this program. During the session, you will learn about the application process, scholarships, billing, and more. See you at the Information Session!
- Monday, January 22
- 4:00 pm
- International Cultural Center Auditorium
- EDLL 4380.260 Literacy in the Content Areas
- Field Experience in private school in Santiago
- Counts toward EC-6 teacher certification
Estimated Program Fee
- Additional expenses include tuition, fees, travel expenses and more. Be sure to review the total estimated program cost as well as the Process of Paying information.
- May 16-31, 2018
Program Open To
- All TTU College of Education students
Program Fee Includes
- Lodging with host family
- Breakfast, lunch and most dinners + laundry service
- Excursions - transportation, hotels, entrance fees
- Daily transportation to/from school
- Spanish language course
- O&M University arrangement for evening class
Program Fee Does Not Include
- TTU tuition and fees (3 credit hours)
- Airfare to/from Dominican Republic
- Meals on excursions and some evening meals
- Insurance ($1.76/day)
- Education Abroad fee ($200)
- Personal spending money
For more information:
To continue working on your application click the button below and log in with your eRaider credentials.Continue Your Application (TTU students)