Kinesiology and Sport Management at the TTU Center in Sevilla
KIN 3314 examines human motor development through the lifespan. Behavior and motor skills from conception through older adulthood will be described, analyzed and be used as basis for understanding typical and atypical development. Critical factors that shape motor skill evolution (fundamental, functional, degeneration etc.) that apply in all (global, cultural) contexts will be discussed. In the study abroad program, students will have the opportunity to observe both the youngest and oldest populations (school children, and older populations at local senior centers, respectively) in their local and social settings (Seville, Spain). Recommending appropriate behavioral patterns for typical and atypical populations will be part of daily activities. Opportunities for interaction with the identified populations – specific to movement, exercise and activity, will be structured into the program. Excursions will be included with specific goals of integrating cultural and geographic aspects into the study of motor skill development.
SPMT 4355: Examination of principles, practices, and procedures of managing sporting events and sport related facilities. Related for our trip to Spain, we are hoping to explore the Olympic village in Barcelona and participate/attend events more aligned with European sport consumer interests.
- KINS 3314 Lifespan Motor Development
- SPMT 4355: Sport Facilities and Event Management
- Additional expenses include tuition, fees, travel expenses and more. Be sure to review the total estimated program cost as well as the Process of Paying information.
- May 23- June 22, 2018
Program Open To
- All TTU students
Program Fee Includes
- Ground transportation during program
- Housing with a host family (includes utilities, linens & laundry) & meals (3 per day, 7 days a week)
- Health insurance
- Planned excursions
- Seville Orientation upon arrival
Program Fee Does Not Include
- TTU tuition and fees
- Meals on excursions
- Airfare to/from Spain
- Education Abroad fee ($200)
- Personal spending money
For more information:
To continue working on your application click the button below and log in with your eRaider credentials.Continue Your Application (TTU students)