Math in Italy
This program will no longer be accepting applications, as it is at capacity. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Ram Iyer.
The Math in Italy program affords the student a unique opportunity to learn mathematics while exploring and enjoying the culture of Italy. Studies will be conducted at the University of Sannio in the historic city of Benevento –the site where the great Greek king Pyrrhus “lost the war after winning the battle.” Planned industry visits (to be confirmed) are to the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles plant, the Italian Aerospace Research Agency (CIRA), the Rummo Industries plant which is a well-known pasta making factory. The excursions enhance the understanding of the course material, which make Math in Italy program a unique experience.Planned cultural excursions include Naples, Amalfi Coast, Positano, the ancient Roman ruins of Pompeii, and Vesuvius volcano. Historical places to visit nearby are the Santa Sofia Church and the Royal Palace of Caserta (the Italian Versailles).
Benevento is a small town of 60,000 in the hills near Naples. It is easy and convenient to travel and visit cities like Rome, Milan, Florence, and Venice from Benevento.
For specific information and pictures from previous years, feel free to check out Dr. Iyer's program site.
Questions about Study Abroad?
If so, come to a group information session! Attend to learn more about study abroad and to meet other students interested in this program. During the session, you will learn about the application process, scholarships, billing, and more. See you at the Information Session!
- Friday, February 9
- 4:00 pm
- International Cultural Center Auditorium
- Math 3350/3354: Higher Mathematics for Engineers and Scientists I
- Math 2360: Linear Algebra
- Additional expenses include tuition, fees, travel expenses and more. Be sure to review the total estimated program cost as well as the Process of Paying information.
- May 19 - June 29, 2018
Program Open To
- All TTU students
- Students have taken MATH 1452 by Spring 2018
- Students should meet with Dr. Iyer prior to acceptance
Program Fee Includes
- Lodging and light breakfast
- Transportation and entrance fees on excursions
Program Fee Does Not Include
- TTU tuition and fees (3 credit hours)
- Airfare to/from Italy
- Train from Rome to/from Benevento
- Lunch and Dinner
- Education Abroad fee ($200)
- Personal spending money
- Insurance ($1.76/day)
For more information:
Contact:Dr. Ram Iyer
To continue working on your application click the button below and log in with your eRaider credentials.Continue Your Application (TTU students)