Media and Communication Maymester in London
This study abroad program offers students two courses of study (6 credits total) focusing on travel and tourism communication. Students will focus on understanding London, its history, and its many cultural sites and cultural attractions. They will see first-hand how London as a seat of European commerce and capital of the largest empire ever on earth made it the logical place for development of newspapers, magazines, radio/television and other major media forms, including many of today's digital forms of communication. They will also explore writing and producing multimedia travel stories, blogs and photo/video essays about the various cultural sites and attractions they visit in and around London.
Questions about Study Abroad?
If so, come to a group information session! Attend to learn more about study abroad and to meet other students interested in this program. During the session, you will learn about the application process, scholarships, billing, and more. See you at the Information Session!
- Friday, January 26
- 4:00 pm
- International Cultural Center Auditorium
Applications for this program are due February 1!
- EMC 4301: Digital Media Production in an International Context
- COMS 4301: Special Topics in Communication Studies
- Additional expenses include tuition, fees, travel expenses and more. Be sure to review the total estimated program cost as well as the Process of Paying information.
- May 18-30, 2018
Program Open To
- All Texas Tech students
Program Fee Includes
- Lodging and some meals
- Guided tours
- Local transportation while in London
Exursions Offered May Include
- Fleet Street (famous journalism sites)
- News and media outlets
- Tour to Oxford and Windsor Castle
- Harry Potter studio tour
Program Fee Does Not Include
- TTU tuition and fees (6 credit hours)
- Airfare to/from London
- Insurance ($1.76/day)
- Education Abroad fee ($200)
- Lunches and most dinners
- Personal spending money
For more information:
To continue working on your application click the button below and log in with your eRaider credentials.