Psychology in Sevilla
As our society and world becomes increasingly diverse, it is important that we effectively navigate our environment and interactions with people from different backgrounds in an ever growing global community. What we do, think, and feel is greatly influenced by the cultural context in which these behaviors occur. We all have an ethnocentric view in how we see the world and this ethnocentric view influences how we interact with others.
A study abroad course in psychology helps enhance the appreciation for diversity while also raising awareness of your own cultural identity and how this influences how you interact with other individuals. Why is this type of course outside of the United States important? Recent research suggests that courses offered in an international context increase awareness and an appreciation for diversity.
This course, Ethnic Minority Psychology, focuses on examining the psychological principles involved in ethnic, racial, and cultural differences. More specifically, this course focuses on the concept of 'culture' and the psycho-social status of ethnic minorities. We will discuss topics that have impacted psychology as they relate to ethnic minorities (e.g, acculturation, ethnic/racial identity, stereotypes, prejudice, psychopathology, and the provision of mental health services).
- PSY 3398 : Ethnic Minority Psychology (Writing Intensive)
- This course meets the multicultural requirement
Estimated Program Fee
- Summer 2018 fees coming soon!
- Additional expenses include tuition, fees, travel expenses and more. Be sure to review the total estimated program cost as well as the Process of Paying information.
- July 1-August 1, 2018
Program Open to
- All TTU students
Program Fee includes
- Housing (includes utilities, linens & laundry) & Meals (3 per day, 7 days a week)
- Excursions - transportation, hotels, entrance fees
- Seville orientation upon arrival
Program Fee does not include
- TTU tuition and fees (3 hrs)
- Airfare to/from Spain
- Meals on excursions
- Education Abroad fee ($200)
- Personal spending money
For more information:
Contact:Dr. Joaquin Borrego
To continue working on your application click the button below and log in with your eRaider credentials.Continue Your Application (TTU students) Continue Your Application (non-TTU students)