Global Public Relations in Costa Rica
Program Full for 2018
This program has reached capacity and no additional applications can be accepted.
Texas Tech students studying public relations and preparing to work in a global environment would do well to expose themselves to the different practice of PR that occurs outside of the U.S. Specifically, public relations in Costa Rica is interesting in that its public relations practice is generally considered the most advanced in Central America. PR in Costa Rica is representative of PR in much of Latin America, allowing for student exposure to an entire region's approach to strategic communication.
Students will be provided with opportunities to develop issues analyses, research reports, and communication strategy recommendations to competitively pitch to practitioners in Costa Rica. This experience will add to the students' portfolio of professional accomplishments and help them stand out in a competitive job market. Students will also engage in client work and other professional development activities at firms and organizations in Costa Rica; providing professional mentorship from international practitioners, alongside facilitating professional networking and allowing the students to work on projects for Costa Rican-based and other international clients. There is also the opportunity to conduct projects with communication students at regional Costa Rican universities.
Questions about Study Abroad?
If so, come to a group information session! Attend to learn more about study abroad and to meet other students interested in this program. During the session, you will learn about the application process, scholarships, billing, and more. See you at the Information Session!
- Friday, February 2
- 4:00 pm
- International Cultural Center Auditorium
- PR 4301/6315: Global Issues Management: Environmental Sustainability
- PR 4301/6315: Strategic Communication Consulting in a Global Environment
- PR 4000/7000: Independent Study as needed/requested)
- Additional expenses include tuition, fees, travel expenses and more. Be sure to review
the total estimated program cost as well as the Process of Paying information.
- Global Public Relations in Costa Rica total estimated program expenses - 3 credits undergraduate
- Global Public Relations in Costa Rica total estimated program expenses - 6 credits undergraduate
- Global Public Relations in Costa Rica total estimated program expenses - 3 credits graduate
- Global Public Relations in Costa Rica total estimated program expenses - 6 credits graduate
- May 26 - June 3, 2018
Program Open To
- All TTU graduate and undergraduate students
Program Fee Includes
- Company visits
Program Fee Does Not Include
- TTU tuition and fees
- Insurance ($1.76/day)
- Education Abroad fee ($200)
- Most meals
- Personal spending money
For more information:
To continue working on your application click the button below and log in with your eRaider credentials.Continue Your Application (TTU students)