Retailing in Scotland & Ireland
This program will no longer be accepting applications, as it is at capacity. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Deborah Fowler.
Students will fly to Dublin, Ireland, where they will have a guided half-day of sightseeing including Trinity Book of Kells Library, and a distillery. A day trip on a bus will include visiting Waterford Crystal and returning via Wicklow to see hand weaving. Then students will fly to Edinburgh, Scotland, the second most visited city in the UK is the capital city of Scotland and is known for the many universities located in the city. Edinburgh Castle is located on an extinct volcano and was once the home of Mary Queen of Scots. The site included the royal jewels of Scotland, the stone of density, the National War Museum, prison, and the royal apartments. One day students will ride to the highlands to visit Blair Atholl Distillery and House of Bruar, Scotland's most prestigious independent store Another day students will ride on a bus to visit Stirling Castle and Loch Carron (a tartan mill and store in Silkirk). In Edinburgh we will meet with major UK retailers, including Harvey Nichols, Jenners, House of Fraser, Primark and Marks and Spencer.
Questions about Study Abroad?
If so, come to a group information session! Attend to learn more about study abroad and to meet other students interested in this program. During the session, you will learn about the application process, scholarships, billing, and more. See you at the Information Session!
- Friday, January 26
- 4:00 pm
- International Cultural Center Auditorium
- RTL 4300/RETL 5300: Retailing Field Study Tour
Estimated Program Fee
- Additional expenses include tuition, fees, travel expenses and more. Be sure to review the total estimated program cost as well as the Process of Paying information.
- Retailing in Scotland and Ireland total estimated program cost - undergraduate
- Retailing in Scotland and Ireland total estimated program cost - graduate
- May 20 - May 30, 2018
Program Open to
- All majors and minors in HRM (Retail Management, RHIM, Hospitality and Retail Management, and Hospitality Administration)
Program Fee includes
- Entrance fees to distilleries, Edinburgh Castle and Stirling Castle
- Airfare between Edinburgh and Dublin
- Coaches (transfers and tour to highlands)
- Retail and Hospitality Speakers and Tours
- Breakfast each morning at the hotel and 3 dinners
Program Fee does not include
- TTU tuition and fees
- Airfare to/from UK
- Education Abroad fee ($200)
- Most meals
- Personal spending money
- Insurance ($1.76/day)
For more information:
Contact:Dr. Deborah Fowler
To continue working on your application click the button below and log in with your eRaider credentials.Continue Your Application (TTU students)