Wind Energy in Peru - Summer II
This service-learning program is based in Iquitos, Peru.
Students in this class will:
- Design an off-grid (self-sustaining power) water pump that can pump water from depths greater than 60 feet
- Use knowledge they have obtained in class to design and install the pump. The design must be repairable with parts that are available in Peru.
- Complete the water pump design prior to spring break, when students will travel to Peru to complete installation. The installation must be completed in one week.
- WE 4320: Independent Study in Wind Energy
- Additional expenses include tuition, fees, travel expenses and more. Be sure to review the total estimated program cost as well as the Process of Paying information.
- July 21-28, 2018
Program Open To
- All TTU Students
Program Fee Includes
- Airfare to/from Peru
- Lodging and meals
- In-country transportation
- Translators as needed
- Internet access at the Mission
Program Fee Does Not Include
- TTU tuition and fees
- Passport Fees
- Personal Spending Money
- Health Insurance ($1.76/day)
- Education Abroad Fee ($200)
For more information:
To continue working on your application click the button below and log in with your eRaider credentials.Continue Your Application (TTU students)