TechMail Exchange 2007 Upgrade
After extensive testing, planning, and evaluation, the TTU IT Division announces the implementation of Microsoft
Exchange 2007 for the TTU community beginning Thursday, July 24th. Exchange 2007 contains a rich set of new features, for example:
- Enhanced Scheduling Features
- Greater functionality in Outlook Web Access (http://mail.ttu.edu)
- Redesigned and improved Out-of-Office AutoReply system
- Easier remote access: Outlook Anywhere – Allows you access your TechMail using Outlook 2007 off-campus…without a VPN connection!
Configure Microsoft Outlook for Exchange:
- Beginning July 24th, if you are running Microsoft Outlook 2007, you may be prompted to allow https://mail.ttu.edu to configure server settings . If
so, simply check the box “Do not ask me about this website again” and click the “Allow” button.
- Beginning July 28th and lasting throughout the month of August, mailboxes will be moved from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007. Mailboxes will
be moved during the hours between 10 PM and 6 AM on Monday through Friday, and the full 24-hour period on Saturdays and Sundays. You will be able to
access your mailbox at all times during these periods except for an approximate 30-minute window while your particular mailbox is being moved.
No mail will be lost during the transition.
- If you access your TechMail account through POP/IMAP (typically non-Outlook clients), you must adjust some settings prior to July 24th in
order to continue accessing your TechMail mailbox. Instructions can
be found by clicking here. You may do this at any time and do not have to wait until July 24th. If you
wait until after July 24th, you will be unable to access TechMail until you adjust these settings.
- In order to utilize all the new features of Exchange 2007, we recommend that you update your e-mail client to Outlook 2007. Outlook 2007, along with
the full Microsoft Office 2007 suite, can be downloaded through the eRaider Account Manager (http://eraider.ttu.edu)
under the “Software Download” category.