TTU IT Self-help Portal and Knowledge Base (askIT) Upgrade
The Texas Tech University askIT team will perform an askIT upgrade, beginning December 17, 2013 at 6:00 PM and ending December 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM. askIT is the TTU IT Division's self-help resource for information technology assistance. These upgrades are necessary so that we may continue to provide the most stable and robust system to our customers. askIT will be unavailable during this process. Note that the interface has been refreshed to improve functionality; the enhancements will also increase the speed and stability of the application.
We appreciate your patience and apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. Please contact IT Help Central at firstname.lastname@example.org or 806-742-4357 (HELP) if you experience any issues with askIT outside of this maintenance window.
askIT has two primary interfaces:
Guest Portal (open to the general public)
- Guests are able to search or browse approximately 1,500 custom solutions from IT Help Central's knowledge base
- Guests can also open a new issue with IT Help Central
Authenticated Portal (open to anyone with an eRaider account)
Contains everything in Guest Portal, plus:
- Search IT Help Central knowledge base solutions which require eRaider authentication to view (such as security-sensitive items)
- Search 60,000+ additional knowledge base solutions from RightAnswers, a company that specializes in IT knowledge management
- View a list of current system outages and scheduled maintenance periods
- View issue notes and other details for your current and previous issues
- Close your own issues or add notes to them